- Cheers to Chateau Ste. Michelle for making this tasting so easy, affordable and excellent. Ever since I learned to decipher a German (Riesling) wine label, the range of styles of this grape has made me a fan. A good Riesling is vibrant, even late harvest sweet versions, not to mention highly aromatic. All three of these are true to variety, and together they show the range of Washington state Riesling from dry to sweet.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-15.
- Tags: #whitewine | #washington | #riesling | #seafoodwine
- Clarksburg Chardonnay is supposed to display apple and pear aromas and flavors. Bogle fermented these expressive grapes in stainless and blended this Clarksburg juice with barrel-fermented Lodi and Monterey Chardonnay that had undergone partial malolactic fermentation. The result is mouthwatering and a best buy.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-14.
- Tags: #whitewine | #california | #chardonnay | #chickenwine
Oktober is for lagers.
- What a nice surprise when Oktoberfest brews arrive. The buzz of summer IPAs gives way to the beck and call of comfort beer. Sausages, cheeses, and Bavarian soft pretzels all call for lots of lager. Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest, Wiseacre Oktoberfest Gemütlichkeit and Devils Backbone Gold Leaf Lager all hit the spot.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-08.
- Tags: #tennessee | #virginia | #lager | #georgia | #autumn
Carolina muscadine wine cocktails.
- Duplin Hatteras Red is a sweet fruity southern muscadine that tastes sort of like a quart of preserves jammed into a bottle of wine. It's the best-selling wine from the world's largest muscadine winery. There is so much flavor here, it opens your mind to experimentation, like a Muscadinarita or a Manhatteras wine cocktail.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-07.
- Tags: #redwine | #summer | #muscadine | #northcarolina | #northcarolina
- Cheers to any affordable Pinot Noir with regional character. SeaGlass is a light and lively taste of Santa Barbara Pinot Noir, delicately balanced between cherry, berries, sassafras and vanilla spices, and earthiness. The aromas are true to place, always what we're looking for.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-01.
- Tags: #redwine | #california | #pinotnoir
Tennessee Beer and Wine Festival.
Two Rivers Mansion, Oct. 15th.
- The Tennessee Beer and Wine Festival began in 2010 and has given over $100,000 to charities in the Donelson Hermitage area. That includes funds given to the host location, Two Rivers Mansion. Last year 1,700 tasters attended and sampled beer from 40+ breweries and dozens of wine labels. This year's event is Saturday afternoon October 15th. tnbeerfestival.com.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-08-31.
- Tags: #nashville
Hints of Breakfast.
- In the Calatayud wine region in northern Spain where this affordable red originates, the soil is stoney, loose, high in lime and poor in nutrients (hence the name Las Rocas). If you're a renegade, pair this with breakfast any time. With aromas of lightly smoky bacon, blueberry pancakes, cranberry, raspberry, coffee and rocks, it's peppery, tart and minerally on the tongue.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-08-30.
- Tags: #redwine | #spain | #burgerwine | #breakfast
Vino on the Veranda is Sept. 29th.
Benefits First Steps Nashville.
Stuck on Lodi again.
- Lodi is the "Zinfandel capital of the world" and where Robert Mondavi grew up. The reds tend to be big and hedonistic, ready to drink, and usually great values. So yes it's easy to get stuck on Lodi Zin such as Cline's, paired with a turkey meatball and marinara bagel pizza.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-08-24.
- Tags: #redwine | #california | #zinfandel | #spaghettiwine | #burgerwine
- The particular tint of blue is achieved naturally with blueberry extract and makes Blanc de Bleu a celebration in a bottle. In our case, we raised a toast to two birthdays in the house today. This is clever and really well done for the price.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-08-22.
- Tags: #california | #bubbly