California Cab in Bourbon barrels.
- Cheers to this wine breakthrough which is completely American: aging California Cab in used American oak bourbon barrels. The result is awesome for the price. To be a fairly young Cab going into the bottle, the use of bourbon barrels really seasoned the wine generously in a short time.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-11-29.
- Tags: #redwine | #bourbon | #california | #cabernetsauvignon | #burgerwine | #steakwine
Toad for the Hollow days.
- Cheers to Toad Hollow's approach to delicious wine which is interesting, fun, and affordable. Toad Hollow Merlot Richard McDowell 2013 opens with penetrating aromas of dried cherries, cranberries and cedar that lead forward to lots of fruit and spice on the palate, good acidity and a cocoa dust finish. It's officially holiday season and this wine is invited to our house.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-11-01.
- Tags: #redwine | #california | #merlot
Estate grown Washington bargain.
- The Gordon brothers started over three decades ago farming and making wine in the Tri-Cities area and they've remained family-owned. They're a true "craft" winery as well as among the most experienced growers in the state. Cheers to this charming and sophisticated Chardonnay that could be mistaken for a much higher priced bottle.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-10-12.
- Tags: #whitewine | #washington | #chardonnay | #seafoodwine | #chickenwine
Finding your sister in the wine business.
- The women behind Truvée are passionate about making wine and connecting with wine lovers around the world. But the real story is how they nearly missed finding each other in life. Separated early on in life, half-sisters Andréa and Robin McBride were living seemingly parallel lives 6,500 miles apart in wine growing regions in New Zealand and California. Their reunion was a turning point that put them on the same path making wine, beginning in 2010. Cheers to finding their wines locally which are excellent for the price.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-10-06.
- Tags: #whitewine | #california | #chardonnay | #redwine | #shiraz | #grenache
- Underdog Dry Riesling Mosel Qualitatswein 2014 is very groovy, in fact it reminded me of a nice Gruner Veltliner at first, before unfolding and delivering a fine Mosel Riesling experience. But what really makes this wine groovy is that it supports the FOH (Feed Our Homeless) Nashville Project. In this case, the proceeds go to the homeless pets cared for by East C.A.N. and SAFPAW. The wine even has a local connection. Cheers to this effort!
- Full feature | Posted 2016-10-06.
- Tags: #whitewine | #riesling | #seafoodwine | #germany
Hey Mambo, guess what's in it.
- The recipe for this red blend is as unique as the sultry flavor experience. Cheers to a great bottle to drink, plus you can have fun trying to guess what's in it. Hey Mambo California Sultry Red 2013 displays blueberry, cherry, vanilla, pie spice and a whiff of molasses. Delicious!
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-29.
- Tags: #redwine | #california | #spaghettiwine | #breakfast | #tempranillo
- Cheers to Chateau Ste. Michelle for making this tasting so easy, affordable and excellent. Ever since I learned to decipher a German (Riesling) wine label, the range of styles of this grape has made me a fan. A good Riesling is vibrant, even late harvest sweet versions, not to mention highly aromatic. All three of these are true to variety, and together they show the range of Washington state Riesling from dry to sweet.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-15.
- Tags: #whitewine | #washington | #riesling | #seafoodwine
- Clarksburg Chardonnay is supposed to display apple and pear aromas and flavors. Bogle fermented these expressive grapes in stainless and blended this Clarksburg juice with barrel-fermented Lodi and Monterey Chardonnay that had undergone partial malolactic fermentation. The result is mouthwatering and a best buy.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-14.
- Tags: #whitewine | #california | #chardonnay | #chickenwine
Oktober is for lagers.
- What a nice surprise when Oktoberfest brews arrive. The buzz of summer IPAs gives way to the beck and call of comfort beer. Sausages, cheeses, and Bavarian soft pretzels all call for lots of lager. Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest, Wiseacre Oktoberfest Gemütlichkeit and Devils Backbone Gold Leaf Lager all hit the spot.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-08.
- Tags: #tennessee | #virginia | #lager | #georgia | #autumn
Carolina muscadine wine cocktails.
- Duplin Hatteras Red is a sweet fruity southern muscadine that tastes sort of like a quart of preserves jammed into a bottle of wine. It's the best-selling wine from the world's largest muscadine winery. There is so much flavor here, it opens your mind to experimentation, like a Muscadinarita or a Manhatteras wine cocktail.
- Full feature | Posted 2016-09-07.
- Tags: #redwine | #summer | #muscadine | #northcarolina | #northcarolina